Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ninja Remote (CR14A) Stopped Controlling.  (Read 5132 times)

Mavrik

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Ninja Remote (CR14A) Stopped Controlling.
« on: September 20, 2006, 02:06:10 PM »

I have a pan and tilt Ninja controller (the one that comes with the Ninja; CR14A) and it all of a sudden stopped controlling.
I have done the following. Checked all the batteries 1.56 volts; Checked ninja connection to power supply, it went to home position after plugging it back in; Checked transceiver (everything else works). I have 3 ways to turn on the Ninja, the CR14A, the RCA remote, Active Home software. The software is showing it is on. The Ninja power supply is warm. The controller is set on normal mode.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Ninja Remote (CR14A) Stopped Controlling.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 04:23:36 PM »

Is the problem can't pan and tilt or turn it on and off. The power supply is turned on and off by X10 powerline commands. Pan and tilt direct RF signal to the mount.
Have you added or changed things in the home like a computer added?

Mavrik

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »

As stated before, this power supply is warm and it returned to home when plugged back in. So it's getting power, it doesn't pan and tilt.

Nothing has changed in the house, a phase coupler was added some weeks ago, well before controller stopped working.

I can turn on other things with the "C1" etc buttons on the CR14A remote.

No pan and tilt with; sweep, programed "P" buttons or blue arrow buttons.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:18:47 PM by Mavrik »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:37:36 PM »

I had similar problems with my pan&tilt  Module was warm but I couldn't control when I plugged it back in it turned on the cam but when I switched cams it wouldn't  turn the cam back on or pan.  I unplugged the module and tested with just a B&W cam  it worked ::) ??? so I reattached it to the pan&tilt but with no luck paining after a few days I tried again checked the addres on the module and some how the address had gotten changed  I turned it back to B4 and everything worked so It maybe your module just needs to cool down! Either that or your module mysteriously changed addresses like mine! ::)(but I never touched yours!...Honest!) ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mavrik

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 08:52:27 PM »

This turned out to be a heat issue, my modules are next to the roof in the garage.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.