Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Outstanding Bugs and Software Issues"  (Read 14766 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
"Outstanding Bugs and Software Issues"
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:28:22 PM »

I'm amazed at some of the new post reporting  problem that I had though were long ago solved with updates!
Maybe some were but with resent updates they have returned!
Two I've noticed
Both these issues were occuring in the beta testing and still occured with the initial release!
Perhaps others can post old issues not fixed or that have returned and we can bring these to X10's Attention   ;) :D ;D
I know these aren't the only issues! ::) ::) Just two I can think of off hand!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:31:31 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: "Outstanding Bugs and Software Issues"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:20:30 PM »

I'm amazed at some of the new posts reporting  problems that I had thought were long ago solved with updates! Maybe some were, but, with recent updates, they have returned!

Two I've noticed:

Both of these issues were occuring in the Beta Testing and still occured with the initial release!
Perhaps others can post old issues not fixed or that have returned and we can bring these to [/size]X10's Attention [/color]  ;) :D ;D

I know these aren't the only issues! ::) ::) Just two that I can think of off hand![/size]

But you said the SAME THING in reply to my thread:

and what did it accomplish? Nada! :(

Although I *DO* appreciate all the "condolences" posted, this *REALLY* isn't (or at least *SHOULDN'T* BE) a funeral (for the CM15A)!  :o

The *ENTIRE* point of my OP was to LOGICALLY LIST, IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER, MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHILE UPGRADING FROM AH CM11A to AHP CM15A.

(Just as if I was doing QA at a job site.)

Am I the *ONLY* person, in the 2+ years since this product was released, to have discovered *THESE* BUGS?!?  :o ??? [I sincerely doubt it!  :P]

As soon as I noticed that "Things weren't going exactly as (I felt) they should (at this point in the development cycle) ", I began taking NOTEs.

I *HONESTLY* don't know WTH is going on at X10 these past few years, but I *CERTAINLY* wish to DO MY BEST TO HELP THEM OUT!!!
(if only they'd let me, that is...  :( )

Does anyone else wish to join me???  ;D

It's too bad the Beta posts were not available for everyone to read! I Beta Tested all the Plug-Ins to-date and your findings were posted and WERE posted on the old board (too bad so many posts from there were lost!)

I've been trying!
(X10 seems to have selective reading with some Bug Reports)  >:( :( ::) :'(

By
"POWER USERS" I was referring to the amount of X10 Hardware devices in use (you do have a lot more than me).

You many not be a
AHP "POWER USER" but you were a [/size] Active Home (CM11A) one! ;)

I don't think of myself as a [/size] "POWER USER" But I'd like to be! ;) :D ::)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:38:35 PM »

Well hopefull more staff read the problems and bugs section! ;) :D and users can see what is currently "Not fixed" and has remained that way from day One!
as they say:
;) The squeaky wheel gets the grease! ;)
TTA: Perhaps with  all your added time on your hands you can go through the update posts ,see what was complained about, and see if it was ever fixed ! That should keep you busy for a few days! ;) :D ;) ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:04:57 PM »

Well, hopefully more X10 Staff will read the Problems and Bugs section! ;) :D and Users can see what is currently "Not Fixed" and has remained that way from Day One!

As they say:

;) The squeaky wheel gets the grease! ;)

TTA: Perhaps with  all your added time on your hands you can go through the update posts, see what was complained about, and see if it was ever fixed! That should keep you busy for a few days! ;) :D ;) ::)

Nah!  I'd rather spend my time doing things that POSITIVELY effect the "Community", such as:

[Puck edit: applied normal font to my name.]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 04:41:20 PM by Puck »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.