Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reversing scan controls in iWitness  (Read 11304 times)

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Reversing scan controls in iWitness
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:08:49 PM »

I mounted my VK77A Vanguard camera upside down and flipped both the horizontal and vertical image using the remote control, which worked fine, but when I setup iWitness, I found that the scan buttons in iWitness were still reversed. I was unable to find anywhere to tell iWitness to reverse the scan buttons, so I looked at the various profile files (they have an .ahx extension] I opened the profile file in "Notepad" and found that it is a xml-based configuration file and found a switch that looks like this: 
<cameras>
      <camera address="0" ModuleId="2000001" CamID="5000001" StreamID="14" Type="0" MountedUpsideDown="0"/>   

I changed MountedUpsideDown="0" to MountedUpsideDown="1", saved the file, closed AHP, restarted the computer, started AHP with the modified profile, and the scan controls now worked as expected.

There is considerable information in the *.ahx files which may be helpful in resolving various issues, so is there any reference  material regarding the makeup of these files?

Also, if anyone is using multiple cameras, I would appreciate it if I could get a copy of your .ahx file.

TIA

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Reversing scan controls in iWitness
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »

Good tip! I'm adding a link to this in my Topic: Helpful Hints and Sugestions (iWitness) ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.