Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15 does not receive wireless signals  (Read 6949 times)

NathanM

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15 does not receive wireless signals
« on: December 15, 2006, 10:23:42 PM »

OK, I'm new at this stuff but I think the CN15 unit is faulty.  You tell me your thoughts.....
Just got a basic setup, started playing...plugged the CM15 into the wall, had to reset the unit to get the computer to see it
(laptop, in the bedroom).  Tested the software on a lamp module with a night light..no problem.  Set the palmpad to the same settings....nothing.  Went into the hardware config and set the tranceiver codes to all, updated, saved and tried again...no problem from the laptop, nothing from the palmpad.  I tried A, M, and C with different number coded without difference.  I looked at the activity monitor....it saw the PC activity but never saw the palmpad.  I tried both rechargable Nimh and fresh alkaline batteries without a difference.  I tried different outlets...nope.  So...any thoughts or is the antenna bad.  Thank you in advance

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: CM15 does not receive wireless signals
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 10:32:01 PM »

...saved and tried again...no problem from the laptop, nothing from the palmpad.

Did you download to the CM15A?

I looked at the activity monitor....it saw the PC activity but never saw the palmpad.

Do you have another RF remote or a motion sensor to determine if the problem is your PalmPad or the CM15A?

NathanM

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 06:09:43 AM »

I believe so.  Under tools I went into hardware config and updated the interface,  I also did the download macros... under tools and the program said it was successful.  Also, I tried 2 different palmpads.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 10:05:48 AM »

Try resetting the CM15A:

• 1.   Disconnect the USB cable
  • 2.   Unplug the CM15A from the wall
  • 3.   Remove the batteries
  • 4.   Wait 1 to 2 minutes
  • 5.   Reconnect the USB cable
  • 6.   Plug the CM15A into wall
  • 7.   Reinstall the batteries

Now try your remote.

If it still is not seen by the Activity Monitor, create a new setup in AHP with just one room and one module (if you have a large existing setup then you might want to back it up first), download it to the CM15A, and see if the remote is recognized in the Activity Monitor.

NathanM

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 02:44:32 PM »

Exactly in the order you said.  No such luck.  It works from the computer interface but the activity monitor shows nothing and the remote has no effect

david3336

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »

have you tried a module  rf transciever like the tm751 set to the house code you are using they are cheap like $12 can get at radio shack. that should tell you if it is the cm15a or the remote. some cm15a have poor rf range if thats the problem the tm751 will fix the rf problem

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 04:27:28 PM »

You should see activity in the activity monitor if you don't  see it from any RF device then the CM15A  is faulty some units do have range issues try the remote right next to the CM15A you realy need another RF device such as a motion sensor or key flob to be sure it is the CM15A and not the remotes!
Chances it is not both remotes unless you got them at the same time! ::) ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

NathanM

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 06:00:47 PM »

Thank you for the responses so far.  Let me answer the last statement.  Based on your recommendations, I tried a 3rd palmpad (I purchased a 16 piece mix and match and the rca 8 piece clearance) and an active eye.  I changed the settings to A1,downloaded the info, nothing on the activity monitor.  The range I have used has been inches to feet.  No difference

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 06:10:04 PM »

get a RMA for the CM15a as it is faulty! ;)
email customer service as well as suport some times one is faster than the other!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

NathanM

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 07:18:34 AM »

Thank you all for the help.

I am in process of getting a return.  Unfortunately all their servers are down in Seattle due to windstorms.  Have to wait until monday.  I am really itching to play with this stuff.....

david3336

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 08:18:44 AM »

what I did when I had to send my cm15 back i ordered a new one and sent back the old one because it can take like 2 week or more when you send one back to get a new one now i am just waiting for them to put the 50 bucks back in my account. I too was itching to get mine back working didn't want to wait 2 or more weeks. just a little hint for you.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.