Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SMART RF REPEATER (PSX01) good or BAD ?  (Read 6613 times)

marineau

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
SMART RF REPEATER (PSX01) good or BAD ?
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:06:27 PM »

I'm using CM15A to receive all rf signal. I did a MOD to install an external antenna. I installed 3 (radio 6 inch) antenna in my house. But I have again a problem with few SS13A, but not with another remote such PalmPad, MS13A or KeyChain.

In my Cm15A I setted many Macro to send to powerLine (without Unit Code) AllLightOn ou AllUnitCode to increase a speed (433 ms) ! B1 -> C AllLightsOn

I tought to buy SMART RF REPEATER (PSX01) for increase a Range, but I'm not sure that it a good idea. I read on this forum that this product is good for a TRASH....

I would like know your idea if you use or you tried this module ?

Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: SMART RF REPEATER (PSX01) good or BAD ?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 08:30:37 PM »

The repeater (PSX01) is a good product. But most effective if you have a really large home.

The SS13A (stick-on switch) however is a little "range impaired". I myself haven't found a fix, but have read that sometimes new batteries can be helpful.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 06:32:36 AM »

Some have found the passive antenna thing to help the SS13A.

teez67f

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 12:40:26 AM »

Hello Marineau

Antenna mod?which one?There are quite a few CM15a mods.My CM15a mod consists of simply snapping off end of antenna(very carefully)on CM15a and solder a 14 gauge copper wire that i snipped of some 14/3 electrical hanging around with a length of 9.25 inches which together makes the CM15a a half wave unit.
My range was terrible especially with sticky switches(SS13A) but now it's unbelievable.
Sticky switch went from a lousy 5-10 feet to a easy 30-40 feet.My home is roughly 4500 sq.ft. on two floors and cm15a now covers all home and with credit card remote it reaches back yard!!(90ft.)  ....On upper floor CM15a and lower floor have passive antennas stuck behind every sticky switch(18.25 inches) in L shape formation.
Also one Sr731 placed midway on lower floor.All my security sensors and x-10 work now where as before it was 50/50 at best.
Have PZZ01 in main panel.Location of Sr731 is important!!!If too close repeats commands and creates havoc on AHP and PLC.If too far will work but at the slightest RF interference will not repeat signals properly.I started to use X-10 in this home when moving in sept-2006 and cursed with it till a few weeks ago after doing antenna mod and adding passive antennas to stickies.Also got a few tips from Eric Boyd at x-10 good guy knows his stuff and gives honest answers.
He helped me to setup the controls for thermostats of baseboard heaters to work with AHP and it tells me when they work so gives me a rough idea of heating costs per baseboard or per room or floor.Good stuff.You want pdfs for antenna mod or passive see the forums or i can email you the files.I'm not on very often but here is my email.
teez67f@hotmail.com or homemail@videotron.ca

Bonne Chance with x-10 tinkering.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 09:12:42 AM »

Your mod worked great for me.  Thanks, here's a "helpful".

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 09:12:33 AM »

The repeater (PSX01) is a good product. But most effective if you have a really large home.

Do the Smart RF Repeaters now actually work with AHP????

I could not get mine to work at all.  Not even the AHP Activity Monitor showed anything
when I pushed the Test Button (sends M1 'on' and M1 'off'). 

See my previous post.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

teez67f

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 07:01:56 AM »

sr731/psx01 work for one if you did not get the bad batch from x-10(hence why sr731 discontinued) with psx01 not far behind from the looks of things (x-10 clearing with ahp).
One push test button and listen for click at tm751 or rr501 set to m1.also will show up in ahp activity monitor if you checked housecode m to be transceived in hardware configuration.Easy way to see if it works is plug in fully charged (low batteries in repeater cause headaches) repeater and transceiver close to your ahp computer and press test button watching activity monitor.it does work although had to change first unit.
Basically the answer is yes if unit is not defect(watch LEDs-2 of them),battery charged,and most important placed in the right location.Very important.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 07:57:40 AM »

One push test button and listen for click at tm751 or rr501 set to m1.

Yep, that test works just great!  Also, I think this demonstrates that the SR731 is working.

also will show up in ahp activity monitor if you checked housecode m to be transceived in hardware configuration.

Nope, that test doesn't work, even when the SR731 is plugged into the same outlet as the CM15A.   Matter of fact, I tried two different SR731's, and neither work with the CM15A.  Nothing shown, at all, in the AHP Activity Monitor.

BTW, there appears to be two different versions of the SR731/PSX01.  One difference seems to be that one version uses house code M for testing, while the other version uses house code A.  I have the version that uses house code M.   However, I have no idea what other differences there are, and which version is newer.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.