Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro Library  (Read 11639 times)

komobu

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro Library
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:06:47 AM »

Hi;

I read in the instructions about the macro library. The example in the instructions is exactly whay I am looking for...an artificial sunrise with a room light getting progressively brighter over time. I cant seem to find the macro library. Where can I find it / download ready to use macros.

Thanks for any help
Pat

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Macro Library
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 11:27:17 PM »

I cant seem to find the macro library. Where can I find it?

There isn't a macro library. Sorry to be the one to tell you. As I understand it (I've seen this question before) the macro library was a great idea that was just never implemented.

I don't know much about the marcos myself. But this would make a great place to START a collection (libarary?) of USEFUL macros!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: Macro Library
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:42:34 PM »

Actually, the Macro Library was implemented, and we created and had available for sale 3 different versions of the sunrise scenario. One of them actually had looping to implement a "snooze" function. They were pretty cool and fun to figure out. Those 3 macros weren't for sale very long, as I recall, and I'm not sure if you could still order them if you wanted. You could always call or email someone on the sales staff and see if they could find them. I don't remember what the SKU was for them though. Maybe "MAC" something?

Anyway, it's not too hard to create a simple sunrise macro. For a regular module (or modules), you should start by creating a "bed time" macro that sets the dim level on the modules to 0% or 1% -- if you turn regular modules off they have to start off at full brightness, so you want to turn them all the way down when you go to bed, but not send the Off command.

The important part of the sunrise macro is to just add the "bright" command for the same module multiple times in the macro, with a delay between each step.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.