Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Error Installing AHP Under Windows Vista - Can Anyone Help?  (Read 11320 times)

robandcathy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Error Installing AHP Under Windows Vista - Can Anyone Help?
« on: March 04, 2007, 12:59:06 PM »

I see many people have it working when i try to install it i get the following error message
the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're. Check your computer's system information to see weather you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher. And we all know contacting x10 is useless so any help would be great. I tried to run it in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode didnt help.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Error Installing AHP Under Windows Vista - Can Anyone Help?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 05:44:01 PM »

A good friend of mine updated to Vista and his CM15A was recognized properly by Vista.

You have to play the plug the CM15 into AC power, plug the USB cable into a port and reboot the computer. When Windows loads, you hear the "beep" that says "Windows has recognized a new device.

Check the Control Panel's hardware settings for the USB devices to see it. The CM15A is shown as "X10 USB Active Home (ACPI Compliant)"
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 06:56:13 PM »

New Install or Upgrade? I believe Upgrades to Vista where OK and have not seen reports on New Installs yet unless yours is a new install.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »

Before I left X10 we tried installing AHP on a new install of Vista, and it worked OK. There are a few things in the AHP install that might not work, but I'd guess the biggest one is installing and registering the X10 Device Network service (X10net.dll and x10nets.exe). If that didn't get installed, AHP wouldn't work. If the files got created in the right place, you might be able to register them by hand. I don't remember how to do that right now, but probably could find it with a little research.

robandcathy

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 09:55:02 PM »

sorry for the delay had a baby girl but back to business i have a new install and am running 64 bit vista, which should not be a problem because it will also run 32 bit software

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »

Windows Vista should automatically update the driver for the CM15A for you, if not, manually check for Upgrades. Before you upgrade try uninstalling the CM15A through Device Manager, and check thebox to remove the current driver for it as well, then do the Windows Upgrade.
  I've gotten it to work, but can't update the CM15A without it crashing on me 75% of the time, mainly if I try to change the monitored house code settings and the city location. It still forgets or loses the rooms I have configured so I have to manually load those from a saved file I have elsewhere. You can't use the I-Witness or any other plug-in that requires the use of the VA11A video capture adapter as there is no update for that, and doesn't look like there is going to be one any time soon, let alone an update for the Daylight Savings Time issue. But the DST can be a work around if you have Vista since it already has the patch installed from Microsoft and AHP gets it's info for date and time from the computer system itself. But it'll still screw up in a few weeks when the program goes to tell it that its time for DST change. But maybe by then we can all find a new business that sells products and software that is really supported and actually works with whatever we choose to run it on. You know, maybe even something actually "made in America!"  Hahahahahah... somehow I doubt it though.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

david_l

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »

It still forgets or loses the rooms I have configured so I have to manually load those from a saved file I have elsewhere.

Did you check the "Run as Administrator" on the .exe/properities compatibility tab?  I believe the program it trying to write it's data out to the "c" drive (which can't be done with User privlidges).

SeeImRed

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 10:10:43 PM »

In response to the mention of registering the x10net.dll, you need to use the command utility regsvr32.exe in the Windows\System32 folder. Also, you need to locate the path to the x10net.dll on your system. The steps are:
open a command prompt (Start > Run > CMD)
Then type c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 [...path\x10net.dll]

Example: c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\x10\common\x10net.dll"

I tried it and got an error that it failed to register with a code 0x80070005

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »

I did a quick check on Vista Tech Support page and this is what it gives for the error code mentioned below:
After you do this, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following: 0x80070005 - Access is denied

In response to the mention of registering the x10net.dll, you need to use the command utility regsvr32.exe in the Windows\System32 folder. Also, you need to locate the path to the x10net.dll on your system. The steps are:
open a command prompt (Start > Run > CMD)
Then type c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 [...path\x10net.dll]

Example: c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\x10\common\x10net.dll"

I tried it and got an error that it failed to register with a code 0x80070005

Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.