Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros quit after two months  (Read 12021 times)

ccrider67

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macros quit after two months
« on: March 09, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »

I posted this under reviews, which I'm pretty sure is the wrong place, so I'm reposting here.  Sorry for the duplication.

I've seen some other posts here about macros quitting after they have been functioning fine.  I am having that problem now.  I have tried:
- unplugging and replugging in the CM15A
- adding 1 second delays as the first thing in the macro
- clearing the interface memory and reloading it
- rebooting the computer

The remotes are working fine, so I assume the transceivers are still fine.  The activity monitor shows no entries at all from the macros.  It does show entries from remotes and turn on/off from ActiveHome.  One of my macros turn on a light at a specific time of day and the others take snapshots from cameras based on motion sensor activation.  All the macros are set to "Run from Computer".

Also, I have "manually" taken snapshots from ActiveHome and they are in the directory with the images from when the macros worked, but yet when I  "View Stored Media" only the ones from the macros are displayed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Macros quit after two months
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »

I posted this under reviews, which I'm pretty sure is the wrong place, so I'm reposting here.  Sorry for the duplication.

A Community Organizer will usually move a post to it's best location. ;) I will delete your original.

The remotes are working fine, so I assume the transceivers are still fine.  The activity monitor shows no entries at all from the macros.  It does show entries from remotes and turn on/off from ActiveHome. 

You pluralized transceiver... how many and what house codes are being transceived?

What is/are the trigger address of the now-not-working macro(s)?

What are you triggering the macro with?

What version of AHP are you using?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:25:39 AM by TakeTheActive »

ccrider67

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:09:55 PM »

Q: You pluralized transceiver... how many and what house codes are being transceived?
A:  2 TM751 Transceivers - C and L  (cameras on C, lights on L)
I had cameras and sensors/macros on "A", but just changed cameras to "C", but no change.

What is/are the trigger address of the now-not-working macro(s)?
A9 - A12  (8 macros - two with each address (if and else))

What are you triggering the macro with?
motion sensors (A9-A12 -- same as macros)

What version of AHP are you using?
3.204 -- where do you get updates from X10?

More info:  I am monitoring "L" and transceiving NO codes on hardware configuration.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 10:20:55 PM »

BTW, 3.204 is the latest version of AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 02:08:15 AM »

3.204 -- where do you get updates from X10?

Like Dan said, 3.204 is the latest version of AHP... however it does change to 3.206 when you add the OnAlert plugin.

All the macros are set to "Run from Computer".

I am monitoring "L" and transceiving NO codes on hardware configuration

This is the combination I was curious about. I had experienced this myself when I first used macros set to run from the computer after I added OnAlert (so I don't know if this was OnAlert specific or AHP in general). When I had a macro stored on the pc and triggered from a non-security RF device, I found I had to transceive that house code to get it to trigger the macro consistantly. To me it appeared the run from pc macro worked reliably from a power line signal and not so good from an rf signal.

I haven't played around with this to find out for sure why or what was really happening; I just separated my macros to have the triggered ones stored in the CM15A and they called phantom macros that had to be run from the pc. You may want to try and transceive house code A on the CM15A, or change the macros to store in the CM15A.

ccrider67

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 10:59:22 AM »

I set house code A to be transceived and it only worked on the sensor that is extremely close to the CM15A.  All others still did not work.  Except for the one macro,  I have to run all the macros from the PC because they involve storing snapshots.  The one macro I could store in the interface still doesn't work either way.

How do you call a macro from a macro?

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 11:14:19 AM »

I set house code A to be transceived and it only worked on the sensor that is extremely close to the CM15A. 

It sounds like you may be having CM15A reception problems.... have you done any of the antenna mods to it?

How do you call a macro from a macro?

Create a Dummy Module and a macros for it. From the main macro turn on or off the Dummy Module to execute its macro.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.