Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Poor Man's Halloween Prop  (Read 7375 times)

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Poor Man's Halloween Prop
« on: October 23, 2007, 03:33:58 PM »

Because I've spent all of my money on x-10 products this year I could not afford any new Halloween decorations; so I decided to get creative. I took an old oscillating fan and gutted it leaving just the motor and the base. I then attached a skull that has light up eyes and mouth to the back of the motor. I cut up an old black pillow case to make a hood and secured the thing to the top of an 8 ft ladder. I then lowered the paint can holder on the ladder and fashioned some black sheets over the ladder for a robe. I had this old bubbling cauldron that i placed on the paint can holder and made some arms out of a squeegee and that Mr. clean mop thing (that my wife just had to have but never uses). I made a hand out of an old gardening glove so that it "grips" the cauldron. I placed an electric leaf blower behind the ladder so as to make the beast's robes flutter. I plugged everything into a powerstrip and the power strip into an appliance module. Created a macro that turns off my porch lights and turns on my Ghoul(controlled by a remote because I have yet to get a motion detector). My wife seems to think I have way too much time on my hands but I am gonna have a great time scarring the kids this year! I will post some pictures and some video when I get a chance. Happy Haunting
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

s0urc3f0ur

Re: Poor Man's Halloween Prop
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 06:03:39 PM »

Ok Here's A pick Of my Ghoul
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »

VERY COOL. We decorate the garage of tricker-treaters night, and hand out candy from in there.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:52:24 PM »

Cool!   8)

Takes me back to when I was a boy and built a fan for my room out of an Erector Set and cardboard!   ;D

Very creative!   8)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 09:23:32 AM »

Thanks! The best part is that it didn't cost me a dime! A fully  animated spook for free!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.