Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Is this instructable easy to understand?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 18, 2008, 04:53:08 PM

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [USER IDEA ]: How to mod an intercom for two way interface using speaker jacks  (Read 58194 times)

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8

It is possible to have the CM15A transmit an RF command to any transiever to control modules ( this can be used to get around phase issues). But to answer your question no there is no audible output from the intercom during an x10 PLT ;) Hope that helps

I had an intercom system that worked utilizing PLC that would make a horrendous noise whenever there was an X10 PLT.  That was the basis for my question.  Some vensors describe even the PLC intercoms as wireless.  Now, I understand that the Westinghouse intercom is most likely RF.  Thanks.

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9

Now, I understand that the Westinghouse intercom is most likely RF.  Thanks.

Well The output of the Icom is RF...It  does transmit FM across the PL at 230KHz  though which is most likely why there is no X10 Interference  ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:43:58 PM by s0urc3f0ur »
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Ok, so thinking about doing this..............cause I have 3 of these laying around.............

So, I understand that this will work say if this (with the auto talk) is in say my entry way, and the (we'll call it the receiver) other one is plugged into the computer. What happens if I would like to give it a command from say my family room? Which is where the computer is actually at.

s0urc3f0ur

What happens if I would like to give it a command from say my family room? Which is where the computer is actually at.

You would need another Icom other then the one connected to the computer .. since any Icom cannot send signal to itself. In other words if you were to press talk on the icom it would not come that icoms speaker. a simple solution would be to buy a  one in 2 out splitter to plug into the line in of your computer and plug the line in of the icom in to one port and a desktop mic in the other port for use at your computer.
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

idbl_fanatic

What happens if I would like to give it a command from say my family room? Which is where the computer is actually at.

a simple solution would be to buy a  one in 2 out splitter to plug into the line in of your computer and plug the line in of the icom in to one port and a desktop mic in the other port for use at your computer.

That's what I was thinking, just didn't know about possible feedback.........

s0urc3f0ur

If you use 2 seperate sound cards there should not be any feedback at all. because the out of the computer would be coming from the second SC and the in from the mother board SC it should eliminate any feedback.

idbl_fanatic

If you use 2 seperate sound cards there should not be any feedback at all. because the out of the computer would be coming from the second SC and the in from the mother board SC it should eliminate any feedback.

Well I won't be using the speakers on it anyway, I don't have the system talking back to me, just using it for voice rec. I have all sounds muted.

idbl_fanatic

Well I got this done, but it wont work for some reason, every time I try to use it, it says "too loud"

I have recalibrate too

s0urc3f0ur

Well I got this done, but it wont work for some reason, every time I try to use it, it says "too loud"

Try adjusting the vol on the line in of your computer or muting it; as well as adjusting the vol on BVC. If that does not work you may need a Direct Box (<--Link)between the icom and the computer.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:10:06 AM by s0urc3f0ur »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.