Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [AHP Add-On] X10dispatcher (many extra controls)#1 Add-On  (Read 25722 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
[AHP Add-On] X10dispatcher (many extra controls)#1 Add-On
« on: March 01, 2006, 11:30:51 PM »

I did a search for this addon and found lots of references to it but not one dedicated to it! ???
Anyways for those newbies or other users that haven't found X10dispatcher yet check it out!
Add sounds, generate alerts,emails,monitors callid,can place a phone call,web interface,control over the web via MSN and the list just keeps growing! :) :D ;D
It also works well with BXVC and Alertdialer(both versions).  ;) :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:29:24 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tj_shrew

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I agree, it does seem to be great software.  I am having some problems, bu I think they are lack of experience related.

This Post may need moved to another Topic, but I couldn't find one that seemed more suitable.

I am working on a project more as a learning opportunity than a need.

Project:  Set up Bird Feeder Cam using x10 cameras, FTP scheduled uploader (part of x10 dispatcher software) that take still photos, FTPs them to a website for viewing 10 at a time and then cleaning up after itself (deleting old files).

Current Status:  I have a website built with MS Frontpage and hosted on a free FTP enabled site. (0catch.com)
I have inserted 3 pics in the page.  I have the x10 camera taking pics and writing to PC hard drive.  I have the FTP software set up and it does FTP files successfully.

Problems:

Using AH Pro with my cameras creates file names the FTP software doesn't like. Is there a configuration change I can make to force it to name files pic1.jpg, pic2.jpg, etc?

AH Pro also creates a directory for each day's pictures which makes it impossible to tell the FTP software where to look for files.
Again, can I make a change to tell AH Pro to only write photos to single directory?

Once the files get to the web host, I have another problem.  I build a page to set a specific pic name img=pic1.jpg.  If I can't control the files names coming in, is there a way to assign a pic with some sort of wildcard?

Once all that is working, how do I clean up the web host and webcam PC to delete old files?

I'm sure these are easy questions to someone that's done this before and I hope in a week they will be easy questions to me also!

Thanks for all the help!  :D

Tuicemen

• Administrator

If you use X10dispatcher it will rename the images to image 1-4 only does 4 images :'(  Images are saved in the img cache folder you can then send them with the ftp uploader to your web page as image 1-4 which will over write the old ones on your web page at least that will help clean up some until AHP alows renaming. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tj_shrew

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Thanks for the tip!

As of last night I got the FTP portion working.  Today I'll try it all connected with cameras.  Great product.

I wish I could try it for complete control, but my work laptop runs an enterprise version that won't allow adding new users or seeing users outside the corporation.  Still, just for the FTP portion, X10Dispatcher rocks!   :D

Tuicemen

• Administrator

You could set it up to phone you via AlertDialer this would give you some control from work! AlertDialerPlus will let you call it giving you even more control!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.