Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: VA11A does not work  (Read 142151 times)

Technologyman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VA11A does not work
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:32:32 AM »

I have tried and tried and tried, to get this peice of crap to work, installed AHP, un-instaledl AHP many many times and I can't get the thing to see my camera. I have other programs that will not see the camera with the VA11A also. I had the older VA10A that worked fine but would  not work with my AHP software, so Tech support told me I needed the VA11A, so I shelled out nearly 70 bucks to get the darn thing. My computer notices the drivers and installs it but shows no video. I have tried the solutions suggested in the help section yet it will still not show video. I have all the prerequisites in computer minimum requirements, P4, XP pro, with ver.2, 1gig ram. Has anyone had similar problems? What can be done to make installation simple and not some frustrating act short of smashing the crap to smithereens? >:(

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: VA11A does not work
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

There is a specific sequence of steps that seems to work for a lot of people (including me).
Here are the steps:
1) Install the VA11A driver
2) Plug in device
3) Restart windows, it will say Intel PC cam
4) With device still plugged in, re-install
the VA11A drivers it should now use the X-10
drivers.

Here is a link to the post where I found them:
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=4844.msg35273#msg35273

WinS

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:36:58 PM »

Couple of questions:  Does the VA11A show up under "imaging devices" in the device manager?  When you view a camera in iWitness, do you see a splash screen or an image filled with static?

Technologyman

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 01:13:53 PM »

To Wins: yes I see the driver under image device manager, I only see the splash sceen, and the little icon in the bottom portion of the screen says no video connected. I even tried hooking the VA11A direct to a video camera feed and no luck.
To Noam, I tried all of the suggestions you have listed, still it does not show any video.
I have other USB cature devices that I have hooked up on occasion and they work, even my old VA10A will work with Xray, but none of them work with Iwitness. The VA11A will not even work with Xray. I've tried to get this thing to work on three different computers and still no luck

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 03:47:27 PM »

Try this:
1: go to your windows control pannel then system
2:click on hardware then device manager
3:scroll down until you find the VA11A or intel pc cam.
4: right click on it and then click on update driver
5:at the update wizard click no not at this time then next.
6: next screen click instal from a list or specific location(advanced) click next.
7: next screen click don't  search.....click next then have disk
8:here type in C:Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture click next the VA11A will show up in the next window click next
9: next window says it hasn't passed..... with a warning...bal bal...click continue anyways
10:then click finish that should get you up and running ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 07:25:45 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Technologyman

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 04:26:44 PM »

AH Mr. Tuicemen, you are the one with answers. It works!!!!!!!!!  :o  8)Publish those solutions to X10 so they have it in every trouble solution scenario. I was just about to send the darn thing back. If you don't work for X10 you should, any how they owe you a bonus or a least something

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »

:-[ :-[ Hey thanks for the endorsment!  I don't work for them Just  a long time user happy to help others! :D ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

muffin

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »

I tried this but the dates on those driver files are all 2001 for me; shouldn't the dates be 2005 or 2006?  I have installed and reinstalled the new drivers from the website repeatedly and my driver is still dated 2001.  Please somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 01:32:10 PM »

My dates on the cat files are 1999 on the inf files it is 2001 on the sys files it is 2005 so depending on which file type you look at depends on the date. the VA11A has been around for a while! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

muffin

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 01:55:20 PM »

so should the driver version on the VA11A be 2.0.0.55 and dated 3/19/01?  If so, I have the right driver installed and I still cannot load Multiview.  I either get the splash screen, freeze and little "error" sign in the taskbar,OR more commonly, the Microsoft message: "MultiView Camera System has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error report then shows me that the app name is multiview.exe, appVer. 2.0.0.38, ModName: multiview.exe and Offset 00015e73.
I tried tech support who first had me redownload the new drivers for X10 and for Firecracker, told me to shut down my Firewall, virus program, and spyblocker, which I did.  Still no change.  Called tech support back and got a salesman who told me tech support was "flooded" with calls, he could not help me, refused to put my call back in queu, and told me to call back later.
Help.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 02:02:17 PM »

muffin: You have the right drivers for the VA11A, but you need to get a newer version of MultiView. Tech support can send that to you, or you can use the online form (http://www.x10.com/register/download.htm) to request a new download.

muffin

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 02:06:49 PM »

Thank you so much!

yardley

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 08:09:56 PM »

I have xray vision with upgrade on a remote computer. i get full motion on one camera but when I add more the program freezes up. I have the computer connected on a wireless LAN to my main computer which is hooked to internet via a wireless router. If I send an email, the email is sent properly and arrives at destination. On the main computer I have the xrayvision remote viewer installed and I can only get images but no full video and I have to manually seek updates. I have also tried to upload html and live video to my website but no dice. I ran the test program on the xray vision help site and it says my connection doesn't work with x-10 because of the Port issue since I am using a router but offers no solution. Any ideas?

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 12:23:35 PM »

If you want to save and view video, you'll want to upgrade to a different software package -- either Vanguard or ActiveHome Pro w/ iWitness -- because XRay Vision only saves and transmits still pictures (JPGs). Also, XRay Vision has some multi-camera features, but really MultiView, Vanguard, or iWitness will work with multiple camera better.

2thelake

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 10:31:09 AM »

Try this:
1: go to your windows control pannel then system
2:click on hardware then device manager
3:scroll down until you find the VA11A or intel pc cam.
4: right click on it and then click on update driver
5:at the update wizard click no not at this time then next.
6: next screen click instal from a list or specific location(advanced) click next.
7: next screen click don't  search.....click next then have disk
8:here type in C:Program FilesCommon FilesX10DriverInstallVA11A Video Capture click next the VA11A will show up in the next window click next
9: next window says it hasn't passed..... with a warning...bal bal...click continue anyways
10:then click finish that should get you up and running ;)

I've tried everything above and more.  I've successfully re-installed the VA11A driver many times (it shows up in device manager under imaging devices as working) yet I still don't get any picture in AHP, it's just the splash screen under the XX17A.  I've tested the camera on a TV and it works fine.

I am also having problems ever since I installed all the X10 products with a windows "new hardware message"  windows wants to install a "WDM Audio Driver" and my computer crashes (blue screen) everytime it tries to install the "WDM Audio Driver"  I don't know if this has anything to do with X10 products.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.