Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sticky: Software Problems v3.203!  (Read 18027 times)

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Sticky: Software Problems v3.203!
« on: March 25, 2006, 08:59:32 PM »

Anyone seen a problem to be fixed within ActiveHomePro (AHP) or its Plugins???
thats not on this list? or some helpful information on fixing these, lets see what needs to be done!

#1:Fixed v3.203 I found a problem with random triggers not finishing or not starting since the 3.201 update.
fix: for now I leave AHP closed and run just my CM15A, working for 10+ days now.
observation: after 5 days with AHP open Interface macros stopped working.
#1a: Possibly, only the first address in the sequence is transmitted within a macro.
fix: If Delays of 00:00:00 are inserted in the macro between each address, then the entire sequence of addresses is correctly transmitted.
PR511 (2way) wanting Activity Monitor for triggering.

#2: I also see a problem occurring with Multiple video recordings (PC Mode), also Still capture Mode that could also cause some Myhouse problem.
short fix: for now I disabled PC video recording from my macros. Possibly just no PC macros.
*I saw that it could be a multiple trigger that is confusing / crashing AHP before this latest update and have since not tried again. I would wonder if the Video recording problem would still occur with only one on and off command, used with a flag as not to double trigger it within the same timeframe as the 1st trigger occurred. stopping the ability of 2 or more triggers being set off at once.
*Multiple Video recording triggers loading into ram causing new overlaps eventually running out of memory to crash. depending on memory capacity the PC will run out at different times. can you buffer the commands within AHP to check whether to start a new sequence or continue the previous?
*File Video Length doesn't match delay set, multiple triggers cause 0kb files (unreadable) & crashes or freezes.

#3: MyHouse Plugin?

#4: Problem with Hardware Compatibility during Installation & Autodetecting Other Equipment.
needs change: Adding Capability to Select or Skip Individual devices during Installation of AHP.
 Currently AHP finds ATI Remote Wonder UR84A as an X10 device (CM19A+VT37A) that ATI uses.
 Also: Intel PC video as VA11A

#5: Minor things to do, fix list...
- fix Auto Create of 2 Directories within C: Drive (My Images & TEMP) move to AHP Directory.
- fix Macro Timers to work as timer design does (delay dusk/dawn)
- fix timestamp on video overlay to current timezone
- fix menu link to video preferences
- fix problem with default wizard & advanced selection
- fix Activity Monitor
- fix CPU time while disconnected
- fix Date of setup/start to reflect DST
- fix Icon overlap of toolbar
- fix MyHouse upload/download bars
- problem with Reports not opening in browser

This list will be updated in the future. What Problems have you seen?

If there is any info or something to try to help X10 solve these issues, please let us customers know so we can flood you with helpful information.  :-*
*The More HaPPy Customers,  The More Multipliers to add to your Income!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 09:35:23 PM by Mystyx »
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: Sticky: Software Problems v3.203!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 01:38:46 PM »

I haven't tried these with 3.203, but they weren't listed as fixed:

• if you send an on or off command immediately after dimming a light in a macro, an extra command gets sent (or the last dim command gets mangled). This command could turn the module on or off or may even turn all lights on or off. If you check in the activity monitor, the extra command is not listed but the modules respond to it. Reordering the macro to do the dimming last or inserting a short delay (1sec min) after the dim command seems to solve the problem.
  • incompatibility between the CM15A and certain brands of coupler repeaters which causes a flood of Status Requests on the powerline. SmartHome and Leviton coupler repeaters are known to be incompatible (I suspect the X10 Pro C/R is also incompatible since X10 designed the Leviton C/R). Users have claimed that ACT's coupler/repeaters don't have this problem (though I haven't tried them myself).

Does anyone know the status of these bugs?

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 08:29:08 PM »

if you send an on or off command immediately after dimming a light in a macro, an extra command gets sent (or the last dim command gets mangled). This command could turn the module on or off or may even turn all lights on or off. If you check in the activity monitor, the extra command is not listed but the modules respond to it. Reordering the macro to do the dimming last or inserting a short delay (1sec min) after the dim command seems to solve the problem.

I remember something about this in a forum...   something about the way adresses and dimming get sent or stored in the interface couldnt dim before on/off or something?? :)

bronco

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 09:51:40 AM »

I solved the multiple trigger issue when using motion detectors.  Put an appliance module before the Transmitter so that the motion detector will not send its command down the line.  Just turn off the Appliance module at the first signal from the motion detector and then turn it back on when finished.

I tried using flags til I'm blue in the face.  I can get it to work when the motion detector is only detecting something once in a while.  I have found that outside the sun and shadows can trigger it or the wind if it sees something moving.  It only takes a few triggers in rapid succession to get the CM-15a confused.
I found this true even with a simple macro that checks for a flag being set & if not then don't run.
The cm-15 CANNOT take multiple rapid hits.

roger1818

• Roger H.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:49:11 AM »

I solved the multiple trigger issue when using motion detectors.  Put an appliance module before the Transmitter so that the motion detector will not send its command down the line.  Just turn off the Appliance module at the first signal from the motion detector and then turn it back on when finished.

What type of Motion Sensor are you using?  The MS1x seriese of motion sensors are battery powered, so unless you have modified them for use with an external powersupply, you wouldn't be able to plug them into an appliance module.

That is a great idea though!  I am wanting to not turn the lights out if someone is home.  Currently I a set a flag at 7:00 and have macros have various commonly used macros clear the flag.  If the flag is still set at 11:00, I run a macro to turn the lights off.  The problem is, if for some reason, none of the macros get run, the lights still turn off.  Optimally I would like to use a motion sensor to detect if anyone is home instead, but I don't want the powerline flooded with "someone is home" commands throughout the day.  Using this technique I can connect a powerflash to an existing wired in motion sensor, and plug the powerflash into an appliance module which I turn on at 7:00 and turn off once motion is detected.

bronco

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 09:59:01 PM »

i'm using a standard x10 motion detector powered by batteries.   Its transmission is picked up by an X10 TM751 transceiver and then transmitted back to the CM-15.
THe CM-15 is too far away from the  motion detector to receive the signal.  I plugged the TM751 into an appliance module.  Cutting the power to the TM751 stops the motion detector activity.

roger1818

• Roger H.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 11:53:12 PM »

I'm using a standard x10 motion detector powered by batteries.   Its transmission is picked up by an X10 TM751 transceiver and then transmitted back to the CM-15.
The CM-15 is too far away from the  motion detector to receive the signal.  I plugged the TM751 into an appliance module.  Cutting the power to the TM751 stops the motion detector activity.

Thanks!  That is a good idea.  Just to be safe though, you might want to make sure that the house code the TM751 is set to, isn't being transceived by the CM15A.

rayishome

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 08:49:20 PM »

I have the same issue.  I have a standard motion dec. setup to trigger a macro that takes a snapshot then a records video.  After motion triggers the macros for a second time AHP crashes. 

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 02:30:03 AM »

Don't forget the problem that causes the Monitored HC to be set to the room with the most items.

Click here for my experience.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 02:37:28 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

rayishome

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 09:55:26 PM »

I think the issues has to do with the MyHome plug in.  It installs the drives again for the video.  I reinstalled the software and installed only the Iwitness plug in and was able to view the video tabs in pref. without error. After installing the MyHouse software, it crashes every time I view the video tabs or receive multiple signals to call macros with video commands.

roger1818

• Roger H.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 09:57:02 AM »

I think the issues has to do with the MyHome plug in.  It installs the drives again for the video.  I reinstalled the software and installed only the Iwitness plug in and was able to view the video tabs in pref. without error. After installing the MyHouse software, it crashes every time I view the video tabs or receive multiple signals to call macros with video commands.

What happens if you install MyHome before installing Iwitness?

rayishome

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »

I have not tried installing the MyHouse software before I witness.  Thought about it....  However, I wish this software was less buggy.  It crashes for many many reasons. 

Chris S.

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »

I posted this under "IWitness" and thought that I should include it here.

I captured the following screen shots when AHP crashed as a result of Iwitness video recordings.
WinXP Pro SP2
AHP 3.203

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 09:08:12 PM »

Chris S...

I hate that Error code: oxc0000005

I had that error for a few years from video problems which I troubleshooted down to either CPU overheating ( extensive graphics) video data bandwidth from AGP over Motherboard causing the problem. AMD setup, ASUS A7N8X M.B., ATI Radeon 9600. Reading about problems with that specific hardware, I found that since ASUS sent the product to china to build a problem with my M.B. had to do with Circuit board traces for AGP were weak and causing crashing.
I slowed that particular crash when updated to a ATI 9800 video card because it was a more powerful card lessening the load from the rest of the PC. one main reason for the large load is lotsa video data on a large resolution (1920x1200), turning that down reduced the problem more.
Damn EQ running 24 hours a day wasn't all good for hardware :)

sad, Ill never know if its the M.B. or the CPU now...  next PC will replace both ;)

Chris S.

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 10:15:36 AM »

Thanks Mystyx,

I'm using a Laptop, so my ability to upgrade Graphics cards are somewhat limited.
Good information, I appreciate the feedback.

Have you received similar errors using AHP and the IWitness video record features ?

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.