Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: dock-n-talk hook-up to x10  (Read 7937 times)

mdn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
dock-n-talk hook-up to x10
« on: April 03, 2006, 09:11:31 PM »

Just wanted to share a new idea.
Hooked up "dock-n-talk" to x10.  What this does is allows x10 to call using a cell phone when alarm activated, bypassing regular land line.  This is good for security because a "cut" telephone wire would not defeat this x10 hook-up.
Testing shows that it does work

jserrat

Re: dock-n-talk hook-up to x10
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:06:53 PM »

Just setup my x10 based security system and am hooking it up to dial using VOIP service (Vonage). It should work OK as long as my computer is on and connected. 

X10Securitysystems

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
    • X10 Security Systems
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 07:25:57 PM »

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the posts. Let us know how it goes using the Protector Plus with these newer technologies. It could help a lot of other users find solutions to their security issues.

x10securitysystems team
X10 Security Systems Advisor
X10SecuritySystems.com

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 03:38:12 PM »

Just setup my x10 based security system and am hooking it up to dial using VOIP service (Vonage). It should work OK as long as my computer is on and connected. 
...and you have power. I recomend you put your modem and router if you have one on a UPS.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

amaz

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:24:55 PM »

I have Vonage, I am able to dial numbers in my own area code, but outside my area code, I get the busy tone. I have called Vonage and they have changed the packetization from 20ml seconds to 10ml seconds, but still I get the same problem. I ordered the fax line from Vonage and the same problem persists. I even tried a fax line with a different area code, but I still have the same problem not being able to dial any number outside my native line's area code.

I have been talking with technical support for both x10 and Vonage so many times once even three calling to both companies, but it all came to an incompatibility conclusion.

FYI...I have tried the x10 device on my neighbor's landline and it works just fine, dials outside area codes.

If you guys run across the same problem and manage to resolve it, please keep me posted.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.