Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Encountered a problem and needs to close  (Read 19618 times)

cbear

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Encountered a problem and needs to close
« on: April 18, 2006, 03:06:15 AM »

This error occurs when ever I try to access the General Video, Still capture, Video Settings, or Multi Camera settings under the Tools/Preferences screen. I'm running AHP V3.203 on Win XP. This x10 SW & equipment is new, so I have no prior versions or experience. It has the iwitness & My House plug ins. Any help would be appreciated. I mainly bought this for home monitoring and surveillance, but I can't adjust any of the video settings.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: Encountered a problem and needs to close
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 10:57:24 PM »

Maybe this helps?

Software problems!

maybe try simpler macros first?
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

cbear

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 03:31:35 AM »

I don't think I'm following what you are saying. All I'm trying to do is access the video settings, under preferences. Whenever I try, it crashes. There are no macros or recording running when I'm trying to access these menus.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 12:14:36 PM »

Do you have an ATI video card or TV tuner? This sounds like a possible conflict with software from ATI. Try this:

1. Look in Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\ for a file named X10net.dll.
2. Copy that file to \Program Files\ATI MultiMedia\RemCtrl\.

That should replace the file that's causing the error. You may need to stop the X10 Device Network service (from Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services) before you can overwrite the files.

cbear

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 02:06:57 AM »

No, I have neither. Let me ask if this is correct- In Device Manager/Imaging Devices I have X10 VA11A..., under Unversial Serial Bus Controllers I have Intel PC Camera Pro #2, and X10 USB Activehome. I've tried to reload the setup programs, but I can never get the intel camera under usc controllers to change to VA11A. Should it say VA11A?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 11:43:13 AM »

That is correct, just check to make sure the Intel Camera Pro  is using the Va11a drivers you may have to manualy reload them as I had to for a WIN 98 machine. Here is a step by step post of how to if you need it. Some systems show the intel camera pro others show the Va11a. But you should be getting a message that AHP can't find the VA11A on start up, I never got that message on my 98 machine once, other times I did go figure! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cbear

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 02:11:56 AM »

Well it still shuts down when I try to access the video preferences. The VA11A is using the correct drivers. Has anyone else run in to this problem?

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 09:14:24 PM »

Just a shot...   when you installed ActivehomePro it has specific instructions on how AND When to install and plug things in.
did you follow these carefully? Install software first, it will ask you to install (connect) the hardware after not before.

When I Installed AHP I had Windows find hardware and ask me to install it when I plugged in my X10 hardware (not ATI but windows asking), since X10 is not a registered program it installs the hardware on its own. meaning the pop up that windows does to install any hardware to your computer should not be done too. when I installed AHP I chose to close windows popups and allow X10 AHP to install the hardware as the instructions say instead of allowing windows to do it.

you may have 2 drivers installed, one by windows & one by X10 in conflict?
you might be able to just disable one in device manager?
if this doesn't do it, more info on your PC and setup is needed.

proper re installation of X10 isn't simple...
after following these instructions below you should also check hardware (device manager) and make sure to uninstall anything you don't have.
At step 12 and before reinstalling software, remove all hardware and reboot a couple times.

right from X10 themselves....

You should reinstall ActiveHome Pro.

1.       Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and click on the 'Add/Remove' button for Activehome Pro. Note:  You may receive a message saying "Could Not Find Install.Log." If you get this, delete the folder at C:Program FilesActiveHome Pro. Run the ActiveHome Pro installer again, and repeat Step #1.

2.       A window will pop up asking if you would like to do an 'Automatic' or 'Custom' uninstall. Select 'Custom.'

3.       Click on the 'Select all' button, and then the 'next' button on every screen in the Uninstall Wizard.

4.       Click 'Finish.' Repeat steps 1-4 for X-Ray Vision, X10 Hardware, and any other X10 software installed.

5.       Reboot the computer.

6.       Go to My computer | C: | Program files | Common files.

7.       Delete the 'X10' folder. If you receive a message that states you cannot delete this folder, go to step 8. If you can delete it, go to step 12.

8.       Press the Crtl, Alt, and Del buttons on your keyboard at the same time to bring up Task Manager.

9.      Click on Processes. End process for x10net.exe.

10.     Delete the 'X10' folder in the 'Common Files' folder.

11.      If this does not work, reboot the computer and repeatedly press F8 while it loads to bring up the Safe Mode menu. Boot into Safe Mode and delete the 'X10' folder in the 'Common Files' folder.

12.   Reboot the computer.

13.   Disconnect your CM15A ActiveHome Pro Interface.

14.   Install the ActiveHome Pro software, and plug in the CM15A when prompted.

15.   Reboot the computer again.

The Activehome Professional software should now operate correctly. If you receive a message that states the device is not recognized, unplug the CM15A from the wall and computer. Remove its batteries; then plug it back in to the wall and computer. The device should now be recognized by your computer.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

twaters

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 07:35:54 AM »

Hi
I Will try to in stall again this weekend . Sorry it took so long to reply ,but i have been working a lot. I am running P pro 2.8 gig p4 768 ram. Thanks for the help. I will let you know how it comes out.

cealbrecht

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 11:25:08 PM »

I just encountered this exact same problem after a recent hard drive crash.  No matter which order I installed the plug-ins, the video preference tabs would always cause the AHP software to shutdown.  After more than 20 un-install/re-install attempts, I finally gave up and went to an old ghost image file and pulled off the ActiveHome Pro directory.  Wow, everything works again.

Here is what I noticed...when the software was crashing, the 'Smart Macros' tab was the third tab in the preferences window.  Now, the 'Smart Macros' tab is after all of the video tabs in the preferences and everything works fine.  As far as I can tell the tab order in the preferences window must be as follows or you will get the AHP shutdown error when selecting the video options:

1. 'Active Home Pro'
2. 'Macro Options'
3. 'General Video'
4. 'Still Capture'
5. 'Video Settings'
6. 'Multi Camera'
7. 'Smart Macros'
8. 'Dial Up'
9. 'FTP Settings'
10. 'On Alert'

This order works for me.  After restoring the ghost image of the directory AHP reported that it was version 3.204.  After installing the On-Alert plugin, AHP now reports that it is version 3.206.  I hope all this information leads to a fix.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 11:33:42 PM »

I just encountered this exact same problem after a recent hard drive crash. 
After restoring the ghost image of the directory AHP reported that it was version 3.204. 

By any chance, after you reinstalled AHP, was it Version 3.203?

I had the exact same problem under that version. I don't have a VA11A nor do I use any of the video features of AHP, but the problem was annoying nonetheless.

As soon as Version 3.204 came out and I updated AHP, that problem went away.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.