Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [CLOSED] Beta Testers wanted for new AHP Plug-in  (Read 30565 times)

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
[CLOSED] Beta Testers wanted for new AHP Plug-in
« on: August 15, 2006, 01:06:01 AM »

X10 is preparing to release a new Software Module for ActiveHome Pro.  We are looking for a few qualified testers to help us fine-tune the user interface and hardware interaction.

Plug-in Description
This plug-in is designed to monitor codes transmitted by X10 Security Modules and Security Remote Controls.  Once configured, users can create macros that are triggered by these modules and remotes.

Software Restrictions
Note that all monitoring of the security modules and remotes is handled by the X10 Driver so the CM15A must be connected to a PC and the X10Nets service must be running for these codes to be processed.  You will not be able to run the interface in stand-alone mode and have these functions work.  All macros created with Security Modules as triggers will be marked as “PC only”.

Requirements for Beta Test
  • Current ActiveHome Pro customer with a CM15A
  • Currently owns one or more of the following:
    • DS10A - Door Window Sensor
    • MS10A – IR Motion Sensor
    • SH624 – Security Remote
  • Have the time and ability to test the software and provide feedback within a few days of receiving the beta software.

If you are interested in participating in this beta test, please respond to this post and let us know which plug-ins you are currently using.  We will contact the testers selected in a couple of days with a registration code and download link.

Thank you for your interest in ActiveHome Pro.

The ActiveHome Pro Development Team.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 03:27:42 PM by x10javier »

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Beta Testers wanted for new AHP Plug-in
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 01:28:54 AM »

Sure, I'd like to test this functionality.  I have DS10As and a KR10A security remote.  Also a WGL W800RF32A receiver for RF signal verification.

PS: I forgot to add that I have the Smart Macro plug-in.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 10:05:36 PM by Charles Sullivan »
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »

I would like to volunteer also.  I have a SH624, DS 10A, and MS10A, as well as the AHP plug-ins (iwitness, my house online,etc.)

bolover

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

I would like to participate in this beta testing. I have all the modules listed on Protector Plus system and AHP with IWitness and Myhouse online. It would be great to turn on a camera w/o motion if a window sensor was tripped. Thanks.

Biker

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »

I can help. I've been a software developer for 30 years, and have done many betas. I am interested in testing because I have been looking for the functionality you describe.

crussell

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 02:23:55 AM »

I would like to test the software as well.  This is just what I have been waiting for.
I have AHP with all current available modules (though I do not have a camera, so the iWitness module is useless to me know...).  Also, I have both an X10 DS7000 and Radio Shack Version alarm system, with a varaiety of motion and door/window sensors and remotes.

I have been playing with hacking remotes to do what I hope this module does, so I am excited to have a chance to work with it.

cdr

x10javier

• Former Sysadmin
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »

Many thanks to our volunteers.  Unfortunately, our deadline was Thursday, and we are unable to accept additional testers for this particular item. 

Testers, you should now be able to post in the 'Beta Test' board.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.