Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SlimFire Remote KR19A  (Read 35718 times)

Malcolm

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
SlimFire Remote KR19A
« on: August 19, 2006, 03:50:56 PM »

Has anyone had trouble programming the KR19A to new House and Unit codes. Recently purchased two SlimFire remotes and neither would program as per the included instructions. After some Trial and Error managed to find a procedure that appears to work, it however is considerably differnt from the included instructions. Checked out this site and X10 site and could not find any issues with the SlimFire programming.

If anyone else is having troubles let me know and I'll post a programming procedure.

OK here's what I found works for me.................

Programming the SlimFire (KR19A)  2 Unit Remote

To Change the House Code –

Press and Hold the top ON and OFF buttons together. The Red led will come ON and go OFF for approximately 2 seconds then come back ON, release both the ON and OFF buttons. The Red led will remain ON.

Now press the Top ON button the number of times corresponding to the House Code you want, ie: once for Code A, twice for Code B, three times for Code C, etc. The Red led will blink off on each push of the ON button. When you have entered the correct number of ON button pushes to represent your required House Code, Push the Bottom OFF button. The Red led will go OFF and programming is complete.

To Change the Unit Code –

Press and Hold the top ON and OFF buttons together. The Red led will come ON and go OFF for approximately 2 seconds then come back ON, release both the ON and OFF buttons. The Red led will remain ON.

Now press the Top OFF button the number of times corresponding to the Unit Code you want, ie: once for 1, twice for 2, three times for 3, etc. The Red led will blink Off on each push of the OFF button. When you have entered the correct number of OFF button pushes to represent your required Unit Code, Push the Bottom OFF button. The Red led will go OFF and programming is complete.

This procedure works for my two SlimFire Remotes, which were purchased from X10 in August 2006. I have not yet discovered a method to have the Remote flash back the House and Unit Codes as identified in the original included documentation. You can always reset the Remote to factory default House Code A and Unit Codes 1 & 2 by removing the battery for about 10 seconds and reinstalling.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 09:27:08 PM by Malcolm »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SlimFire Remote KR19A
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 06:24:43 PM »

Yes sometimes the buttons would double click. Also make real sure the battery is making good contact, if not they can be flaky.

jplemay

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:22:29 PM »

I also can't seem to get my SlimFire programmed using the usual procedure.  Please post the procedure that you found to work.

Thanks!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 12:52:51 AM »

...Has anyone had trouble programming the KR19A to new House and Unit codes...

...After some Trial and Error managed to find a procedure that appears to work, it however is considerably differnt from the included instructions...

...If anyone else is having troubles let me know and I'll post a programming procedure.

I don't, as of yet, own any KR19As (after ~30 years I own LOTS of other X10 "Stuff" ;) ), but I'm certain that *IF* there's a problem with the published instructions *MANY* folks would appreciate your 'programming procedure '.

By all means, please post it.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 07:01:41 AM »

They seem to be very touchy to the sequence of pushes to program them. If I was too fast or slow between pushes it failed. Didn't help that some seemed to have buttons that sometimes missed a push or bounced and did a double count.

DowNet

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 10:03:25 PM »

Malcolm,

THIS WORKS!  Finally!  Good find!  The "updated instructions" (September 2006 update as it states) does not work at all on the unit codes....house codes yes...unit codes no.  Now with the way you have it.  The unit codes work.  Great work!

[TTA Edit: Not necessary to QUOTE entire post just to say "Thanks". ;) ]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 09:57:00 AM by TakeTheActive »

maynardw

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 07:00:31 AM »

:) :) Thanks Malcolm,

Your instructions were right on and worked great on the "NEW"  KR19A's that I just received from X10.

Thanks again,

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Provide Your Valuable Info and Help Other Members!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 09:53:54 AM »

DowNet, maynardw, and others who have the "NEW" KR19A,

***PLEASE*** VOTE and POST your OPTION *AND* DATE CODE info:

KR19A Slimfire Remote Programming Discrepancies... [Updated: 2006/10/10]  (Read 254 times)

Thanks in advance! :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 06:50:45 PM »

Don't have any more of them so can't vote.  ;D

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »

You can still vote you just can't say what the date code was! ;) :D it took me a while to find one of mine so I was able to try both methods! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 08:04:34 PM »

You know *WHO* you sound like?!?  :o

ccrider67

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 12:20:15 AM »

My slimfire remote is Date code 06D14 and the included instructions did NOT work.  Your option 2 instructions worked except that when you held down the top two buttons, the light went out but did not come back on after two seconds.  It did come back on when I released them, and so I continued on with your instructions.  The only problem I found was that if you were changing BOTH the unit code and house code you had to do them BOTH before pressing the lower OFF that completed the programming; otherwise, when you programmed the house code, the unit code went back to default.  Then when you programmed the unit code, the house code went back to the default.

Kudos to whomever figured that one out!!

rmd

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 10:53:44 AM »

I found out that the method listed on this thread works fine except that when I pressed the two on and off top buttons the light stays on, doesnt flash, you then enter the house and unit code as stated. The function F2 of AHP works fine to check this >:( :( :o ;D

joako

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 02:42:13 PM »

I received yesterday two remotes. At first the instructions in the package worked and then not a 2nd time. I figured out to program press #1 on AND off at the same time, then press ON for house code, Off for unit code and then press #2 on OR off to exit programming. The remote transmit what house code or unit code is set so if you look at the activity monitor you can see what was last set then just press #2 on or off to exit when you are happy with the setting

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.