Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Runaway macros in AHP  (Read 3315 times)

houstonaquarious

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Runaway macros in AHP
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:05:28 PM »

I have reinstalled AHP and it runs now. Installed Smartmacros, then the AHP update I was sent to stop the runaway macros. Now I have the runaway macros again. My PR511 motion sensor sends a B2 code to trigger the macro but instead of running once, it runs over and over again until I delete the macro and re-download to the interface. If I trigger the macro from a button box, no problem, it runs once. If I trigger it on the display on the computer with the "Run Macro" button, it runs fine. When the motion detector is not configured to run the macro, it just activates the B2 code once ON and once OFF.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Runaway macros in AHP
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 11:00:34 AM »

...Now I have the runaway macros again. My PR511 motion sensor sends a B2 code to trigger the macro but instead of running once, it runs over and over again until I delete the macro and re-download to the interface.

Reset your CM15A's memory:

The PR511 (and the RR501) have RELIABLE Collision Detection - the CM15A sometimes "misplaces " it.

If I trigger the macro from a button box, no problem, it runs once. If I trigger it on the display on the computer with the "Run Macro" button, it runs fine. When the motion detector is not configured to run the macro, it just activates the B2 code once ON and once OFF.

E X A C T L Y !!!
The main reason why I'm going through *ALL* of the Archived CM15A/AHP messages is to ATTEMPT to separate the WHEAT from the CHAFF, and compile a ONE-STOP thread where Newbie CM15A owners can go for reference.

Although the CM15A/AHP "Old-Timers" here are a friendly, helpful bunch, IMHO, it's been SOOO LOOONG since they experienced (and SOLVED) many of the STILL CURRENT problems that they "forget " about them. It makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL to me that *I* (wearing my Newbie CM15A/AHP User hat - *NOT* my Community Organizer one), at this point in the CM15A/AHP development have to invest SOOO much time just to get it to duplicate what I previously had running SUCCESSFULLY for *MANY* years with the CM11A/AH v1.32 setup.  >:(

Please do share *YOUR* thoughts on this...

[And let me know if my "fix" works. ;) ]
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 11:55:48 AM »

The main reason why I'm going through *ALL* of the Archived CM15A/AHP messages is to ATTEMPT to separate the WHEAT from the CHAFF, and compile a ONE-STOP thread where Newbie CM15A owners can go for reference.

Instead of creating a tread for this, why not create a WIKI page on the X10 Knowledge Base?  Forums are great for discussing issues and hashing out solutions, and although it is good to go back and read old discussions to see if the problem you are having has already been solved, a forum isn't the best tool for presenting solutions for common problems.  A WIKI page allows a Guru to present solutions to problems in an organized fashion and if later someone else wants to update the information, it can be done while still keeping a history of what was originally said.  I have created several Wiki pages and it really isn't that difficult to do.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 12:25:02 PM »

Instead of creating a tread for this, why not create a WIKI page on the X10 Knowledge Base?

...A WIKI page allows a Guru to present solutions to problems in an organized fashion and if later someone else wants to update the information, it can be done while still keeping a history of what was originally said. 

Until I restore the functionality of my CM11A/AH using the CM15A/AHP, I'm no where near being a Guru...

I have created several Wiki pages and it really isn't that difficult to do.

I've looked at the WiKi and came away with a few "first" impressions:

• Someone already filled it up with a LOT of REPETITIOUS (mostly non-technical) information.
  • You have made several good contributions, but where are the "other " Gurus?
  • When I'm as comfortable with the CM15A/AHP as I am with the CM11A/AH, (and I have "All My Ducks in a Row " here), I may give it a shot.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.