Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) (Visual BASIC version)  (Read 353049 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) (Visual BASIC version)
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2008, 06:48:41 AM »

I have received several requests for my Voice Announcement Garage Door Reminder Macro.

It's simple enough... I created mine using a PowerFlash module, a garage door (magnetic) reed-switch, and of course BVC. Although it can also be done using a door/window sensor (DS10) and the OnAlert plug-in (which in most cases would be cheaper and easier). I have been using mine for several months and it works fine.

I hesitated to post the macro('s)... as I am not a master of macros. But I did post it HERE the other day. It is actually 4 simple little macros, that tells me when the door is opening, open, or closed... and reminds me every 10 minutes if the door if left open.

You can see (and hear) the reminder in action... on the YouTube Video at my BVC Fan Site.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:38:27 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2008, 01:55:41 AM »

Dave_x10_L,

While I know you have reservations about your MACRO being maybe a little crude.  I personally think you are being overly critical and I, for one, am glad you finally decided to share it.   8)

There are almost always other and sometimes even better ways of accomplishing the same thing in any programming language.  Even if your way doesn't turn out to be the most perfect way, at least it is a working way!

We need more users to have the guts to post working MACROS!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2008, 06:24:41 PM »

I just added a new BVC Driveway Alert voice-announcement/device... and as with all things BVC... I am tickled with it.

For some time I had a difficult time detecting activity in my driveway... (without also detecting traffic on the street I live on). I resolved that problem with a $20 Driveway Patrol (a motion sensor that sends a RF signal to a doorbell type box). I did duct tape off some of the motion sensors side vision... then made it near-sighted by placing it in a modified yard-lamp. See below for an image.

The set-up worked well with no false triggers... but the doorbell unit had an awful chime. It could be turned off manually... but never was. The other day I spent some-time in the driveway removing snow. By the time the snow was cleared... the wife had completely tired of the Driveway Patrol's chime.

Today I soldered wires to the units speakers... and attached those to a PowerFlash Unit. I plugged the PowerFlash into a SocketRocket. The (fake) module that the PowerFlash module turns on... is heard by a BVC Listener.. and (my Kate16 voice) announces "Driveway Alert". And even that can be turned off by turning off the SocketRocket. If I was to forget to turn the alert (SocketRocket) back on... when the sun goes down... my X10 Floodlights turns it back on.

Great WAF.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:18:35 AM by Dave_x10_L »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2008, 11:07:19 PM »

Dave_x10_L,

Very cool!   8)  About time too!  ;)

Never underestimate the value of WAF !   ;D
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

HA Dave

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2008, 09:40:44 AM »

About time too! ........... Never underestimate the value of WAF ! 

True Bill... it's about time I added that announcement... and WAF is HIGH here. So far ..using BVC.... I have automated several of the household tasks that we normally learn to "just live with".

No longer do I have to check the garage doors position (even at bedtime). Or walk to a window and peek-out to see if reflected car headlights was someone pulling into MY driveway.. or a neighbors. The talking clock helps to keep me from losing track of the time. Going to the kitchen calender to see the date.. is a thing of the past.. I simply ask the computer to "tell me the date". Because I can get the weather... by simply asking the computer... I now only turn to the weather channel when I want to see the radar report.

And a GREAT WAF feature.... checking an outside noise is a thing of the past... any warm-body (including deer) activity around the house... is automatically announced. The pleasent, warm, yet business like voice of my Kate16... has become like one-of-the-family. Kate is certainly better than a bunch of chimes, bells, and alarms.

I've added a list of most of the BVC automated announcements that has proved valuable.. to make ours lives more pleasant, secure, and worry-free.

• garage door open/closed and "left-open reminder"
  • restricted area activity
  • talking clock (waking hours only)
  • Date or time (on request)
  • Local area Weather announcements
  • the "Hello" welcome (for visitors)
  • Dusk/Dawn (macro activation) announcements
  • Operating status (custom command)
  • microphone switching - confirmation status
  • confirmations for remote devices ON/OFF (several)
  • Theater lighting set-up macro completion notice ("The theater is on.. enjoy the movie")
  • Driveway Alert

Of course... for forum visitors that are new to BVC I like to add a link to my BVC Fan Site.. which has a YouTube Video so they can see and hear BVC "in Action."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:53:22 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

HA Dave

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »

I have a new BVC YouTube Video titled How to "Voice Control" your home. I think this video clearly shows just how easy it is to set-up a BVC controlled home.

I've also created a new YouTube video called "The Automated Chair". This video details how I've attached a DS10A (Door/Window Sensor) to my recliner. Then using AHP and BVC I automate some functions and added new automation. The "Automated Chair Video" was created to be humorous. Although the chair works great... and I am having a heck of a lot of FUN with it.

You can see all my videos at: My YouTube Channel.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 04:43:57 PM by Dave_x10_L »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »

*** BVC Version 0.2.0.0 update released! ***
Changes:
  • Added new X10 Command options to Listeners and Custom Commands including support for X10 camera Pan / Tilt / Zoom / Focus and Presets.
  • Added built-in voice commands for X10 camera functions that accept a value (like "Pan right 5.").
  • Added a random custom phrase feature.  Now, anywhere that BVC allows "Speak a custom phrase." as an option, you can enter multiple phrases separated by the pipe ( | ) character (shifted backslash on most keyboards) and BVC will randomly choose one of those phrases as its response.
  • Added user settings so you can now choose how BVC responds when you say "Thank you".
  • Updated the help file to catch up with the enhancements. (Still a separate download though   :-[  ).

Get the update in the usual place at:  http://www.wgjohns.com/bvc.htm
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2008, 12:24:28 AM »

*** BVC Version 0.2.0.1 update released! ***
Changes:
  • Corrected a bug where a message box would pop up showing debug information whenever BVC sent an X10 command. Thanks steven r for pointing that one out! Just goes to show pobody's nerfect! ;) ;D

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

HA Dave

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »

*** BVC Version 0.2.0.1 update released! ***

GREAT upgrade Bill!!!  I just downloaded, and installed 0.2.0.1., then made some minor changes to my BVC setup.

I haven't used many WAV files (sounds) with my BVC setup before... but now I don't need to use any. For the attention phrase: I now have a selection of several phrases that I created... that BVC randomly selects from. It really gives my Kate [voice] even more personally than she already had [in my mind].

Thank you Bill for the great FREEBIE upgrade!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:18:16 AM by Dave_x10_L »

dahur

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2008, 10:18:10 PM »

Yes, thanks.

+1 

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2008, 02:04:09 AM »

*** BVC Version 0.2.0.2 update released! ***
Changes:
  • Added new Program Command options to Listeners and Custom Commands to control BVC's master volume.
  • Updated the help file to catch up with the enhancements. (Still a separate download though   :-[  ).

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2008, 01:38:12 AM »

*** BVC Version 0.2.0.3 update released! ***
Changes:
  • Added new options under BVC's Tools - Options... menu's General tab to allow BVC to start up "hidden" (only shows up as an icon in the Windows Taskbar's "notification tray" (by the clock)) or start up "normal" (shows the main BVC screen at its default size).
  • Added an icon in the Windows Taskbar's "notification tray" (by the clock) which if double-clicked, forces BVC to display itself or if right-clicked, brings up a short menu to control some BVC functions without bringing up the BVC main screen.
  • Changed the "x" (close) button on BVC's main screen so that clicking it "hides" BVC instead of exiting BVC.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2008, 08:55:02 AM »

How is this program downloaded? I went to the download page and a box pops up that tells me I'm supposed to login somewhere----where?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2008, 10:29:19 AM »

How is this program downloaded? I went to the download page and a box pops up that tells me I'm supposed to login somewhere----where?
http://www.wgjohns.com/bvc.htm is the page for the BVC downloads.
If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page, you'll see the link for the trial version of the software, "Bill's Voice Commander Version 0.1.0.1 Trial Version". Bill generously provides it free for your evaluation purposes. No passwords required. After you start using it, I'm sure you'll want to donate for the full version.
Be sure and get the currently separate (soon to be included?) BVC_Help.zip at almost the bottom of the page as well.
Bill and other BVC users are at the Home Automation Chat almost every evening if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:30:53 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:13 PM »

http://www.wgjohns.com/bvc.htm is the page for the BVC downloads.
If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page, you'll see the link for the trial version of the software, "Bill's Voice Commander Version 0.1.0.1 Trial Version". Bill generously provides it free for your evaluation purposes. No passwords required. After you start using it, I'm sure you'll want to donate for the full version.
Be sure and get the currently separate (soon to be included?) BVC_Help.zip at almost the bottom of the page as well.
Bill and other BVC users are at the Home Automation Chat almost every evening if you have any questions.

Thanks!  I couldn't have put it better myself!   #:)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.